Friday, April 24, 2009

Preventing Rheumatoid Arthritis

I still remember that, at very young age, I started to suffer from Rheumatoid Arthritis. I felt some pain at the joints of my knees. At first, I ignored it. I told to myself that I am just tired of walking. But there were times that the joint pain goes back and it's even more painful than the first one. Sometimes, I can't even concentrate on studying my lessons at night because of what is happening. That's the time that I decided to start taking a pain reliever medicine just to reduce the pain. Then one morning, I can't move my leg and I can't get up from the bed. This incident made my mom very nervous and she decided to call her best friend, who is a doctor, to come and see me. Dra. Alipio (that's what I call her), checked my condition and she told that what I am suffering is an illness called RA (Rheumatoid Arthritis). She told that sometimes this illness comes from the genes which is true, because my dad is also having a Rheumatoid Arthritis for a long time already. To treat the pain, Dra. Alipio advised me to take a Celebrex, which is a nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug. She told me to take Celebrex everytime I can't resist the joint pain.

Having RA gives me the opportunity to know more about it. And based on what I've learned, RA is most frequently experienced particularLy by women more than men. It is believed that the tendency to develop rheumatoid arthritis may be genetically inherited or suspected that certain infections or factors in the environment triggered the activation of the immune system that will lead to RA. I learned also that aside from Celebrex, there are some RA medications like Enbrel, Arencia, Humira, and Remicade that can help in reducing the pain caused by RA. I know that these medicines are very effected like the one that I'm using, Celebrex.

So, to those people who are suffering from RA, I recommend you to... TAKE A MEDICINE, FIGHT RA...MAKE YOUR LIFE LONG AND HEALTHY.

Post?slot_id=36205&url=http%3a%2f%2fsocialspark

2 comments:

Gorgeous MUM April 26, 2009 at 9:19 PM  

Hello! I've got something for you HERE!

Tata April 27, 2009 at 11:27 PM  

nice post ! My mother suffer rheumatoid arthritis.She cannot even change her dress because her joints pains.I bring her to Asian Hospital (rheumatologist) but still it came back.Father, let her go home to the province and try to take herbal plus exercise.She do good a bit now but she is thin because cannot eat food that she want like meat,beans etc..