Saturday, October 18, 2008

My Night Hobby

Every night before going to bed, I love reading different kinds of book. And as a matter of fact,I have a lot of books beside our bed. There' s this book that I like reading very much and this was been a gift to us by my friend when my husband and I got married. The title of the book is The Joy of Marriage God's Way. In this book it tells a lot of things on how to maintain a good harmony between husband and wife. And I want to share some of what I read.
The title is:
God wants You to be Best Friends
In this selection,it tells that a marriage based on friendship is one that has the strength and the power to endure. Passion is important, but friendship is strong stuff. Friendship creates a firm security that makes just being together renew your spirit. It's the place in marriage that's like a warm blanket on a cold winter night - a place of serenity, peace, calm and joy. Marriage to your very best friend is the deepest of friendships. You can share everything in confidence, talk endlessly about your dreams, and care deeply for each other. In fact, your sharing continues even when words are not spoken - your spouse's mere presence is your peace.
There is a biblical statement that tells: "This is my lover, this my friend" (Song of Songs 5:16). It says it all. This is the best friend you'll ever have; you'll share more with this person than with any other friend you have in a lifetime. You share your life, your future and your body with this very special friend.
Marriage is the ultimate in friendship; it has all the qualities of a good friendship and then some. Good friendships are a give-and-take proposition; marriage is even more so. Other key qualities of friendship include the following: friends can say almost anything to one another, friends are confidants and keep certain things confidential, friends counsel and advise one another, friends listen, friends make sacrifices for the other person, they have no hidden agendas, they can always be counted on, they have fun together and friends overlook the small stuff...
Well, it's a nice book what I have,right? It gives me a lot of lessons and that's the reason why I want to share also to all my blogger friends who are married like me...:-)
Next time, I will tell more about what I read...:-)

1 comments:

faye October 19, 2008 at 12:42 AM  

hi my friend
nice that you continue reading about all those stuff..its really helpful to us to grow mentally not being a stagnant.. pls do share more. hehe
passing here che....